HOWTO Changing system root password
NOTE: For SERVERware 3 users procedure is different and 'How To' guide can be found at the following link:
If you lost your system root password, it is not possible to change it without direct access to the machine.
You need to boot the machine with our PBXware Installation CD/USB which you can download from our website.
- In the BIOS of your machine set it to boot from CD/DVD (it is possible to do so with USB since we have USB image for booting as well)
- When the system asks you whether it should continue with the installation, you should chose Exit to shell option
- Create a test folder with following command: mkdir /test
- Mount the sda3 to that test folder with: mount /dev/sda3 /test
- Chroot into that environment with: chroot /test
- Change root password with: passwd root
- When you are done changing password type exit and then poweroff to power off your machine
- Next time you power on your machine without CD/DVD/USB, your root password will be changed as per above.
NOTE: In most cases root disk is located at /dev/sda3. It can be different depending on the hardware that you use.