HOWTO Touchless Provisioning
Description: Touchless provisioning allows you to automatically provision the phone without the need to enter the provisioning settings in the phone's user interface.
- To provision the phone this way do the following:
- Configure Touchless Provisioning (if not configured before). To configure Touchless Provisioning check out the Configuration page.
- Register the phone to the provider's redirection service. This is done by going to the Devices page, selecting the phone's MAC address and clicking register.
- Reset the phone to factory defaults.
- When adding a new extension or hot-desking device, it will automatically be registered to the provider's redirection service.
- For it to be registered and be shown on the Devices page following requirements need to be met:
- UAD set on the extension/hot desking device is from a provider that is on the Configuration list.
- The location for the extension/hot desking device is set to Remote. Local devices can not be provisioned using this service.
- Auto Provisioning option must be set to Yes. This only applies to Extensions.
- When the phone is factory reset it will automatically pull all the data needed for provisioning and will be provisioned to the assigned extension.
- Once the phone is provisioned it will be removed from the provider's redirection service.