When an Extension is showing as ‘On Call’ in the monitor page and is unable to receive calls that usually means the Extension is stuck in a Busy State.
The problem is mostly caused by users turning on the Do Not Disturb feature and forgetting to disable it.
This can also be checked in the Reports --> CDR section by searching for the DnD access code *78.
To check the state of the Extension in Asterisk use the following procedure:
- SSH to the system and open Asterisk (asterisk -r)
- Check the state of the extension by using the following query
- --> core show hint ‘extension number’
- In the output you should see the State that the Extension is in:
- In case the Extension is stuck in Busy State do the following:
- Navigate to the Extension → Enhanced Services → Do Not Disturb → Set as Not Active & Save the configuration.